To Toru Watanabe With Hope

/ Wednesday, March 2, 2011 /
Dear Toru Watanabe,

A dreadful school exam is happening over the weekend and I'm not even halfway done with the notes that I am supposed to read, scan, and stare at. I worry that I won't be able to explain the stages of a woman in labor; the different ways in testing a research hypothesis and most of all, I do not have the slightest idea how to use the Chi Square Distribution Table. Yet, what bothers me the most is that I am starting to hope, again.

Instead of poring over textbooks that remind me of Thursday nights watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer over RPN 9, I find myself wanting to write you a letter- weave words that I find difficult to say when we are together but quite easy to put into paper.

I have lost count of how many letters I have written you; this one will be short though. It's not that I am running out of words to say; it is just that they never reach you anyway.

Tonight, while contemplating on how to devour a 500-page textbook in three hours, all I want to say is,

I am happiest watching countryside sunrises with you.

Tell me, who am I to you? Is there the slightest chance that I could be your Midori or maybe even, Naoko? I won't mind being Reiko, too.

Beginning to hope,
Kai

P.S. “While we are waiting for the Messiah,
while we are waiting for Mahavir,
your eyes will suffice to give tired men hope.”


artwork by heidi burton

2 comments:

{ R.L.Bertulfo } on: March 7, 2011 at 3:06 PM said...

reiko...nice, heheheh, i prefer midori though if i were toru :)...

{ Kai } on: March 8, 2011 at 2:52 AM said...

chummy! *sighs* :)

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2016. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger