How to Burst Your Own Happy Bubble

/ Tuesday, April 12, 2011 /


I am not quite sure what got into me but I am inexplicably happy today. It could be the hormones; the volumes of laughing gas I just sniffed or I could be invisibly tickled by chubby cherubs. The cynic in me thinks that this happy bubble will burst any moment now so allow me to document this current state of bliss by coming up with a list that makes me say oh-la-la! at ungodly hours and sing Rebecca Black's Friday before you can mouth “Istoryaheeee”.

1. Sbarro's 15-peso garlic bread stuffed with Siomai sa Tisa generously bathed in hot sauce.
2. Free rides on my way home from my part-time job.
3. Spontaneous bus rides and walkathons with the favorite travelling companion.
4. Writing projects with a label that says “Submit me in a month”.
5. Clients who know you deserve more than your standard freelancing rates.
6. Trekking with EWIT.
7. Coffee or beer with friends. It doesn't really matter what you're drowning yourself into as long as there are buddies whom you can even share comfortable silence with at the end of the day.
8. Mixtapes in 8tracks.
9. Finding a good read while book scavenging.
10. Rabi, the new addition to the feline family in the household.
11. Sunsets by the sea; sunrises at the summit.
12. The warmth, fingers and the tongue of a lover, except that the word "lover" these days comes with a lot of complications and the happy bubble is now about to burst by just thinking about it.

Poof!

And that is how, ladies and gentlemen, you burst your own happy bubble, and return back to counting sheep at dawn.

Artwork by Heidi Burton

2 comments:

{ punkassimus } on: April 12, 2011 at 2:36 AM said...

nice ni dah. kai, sempai, how do you put a message board in a blog? like the one in the lower right side of the page?

{ Kai } on: April 14, 2011 at 4:55 AM said...

Mac, nag-PM na ko sa FB. :)

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2016. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger