June Who Left Too Soon

/ Thursday, June 9, 2011 /

On most days, they call her June. On Sundays, when out fishing in Manila Bay, she wants to be called the Seventh Daughter of the Moon. No one knew why she left too soon.

To begin with, they never knew where she lived; they didn't even bother to find out themselves. There were only three things, facts to be exact, that they know of her- she loves to walk, hates Mandy Moore, and spends her free time knocking at some stranger's door.

One fine Sunday, after fishing out with her friends down in Manila Bay, she knocked at some stranger's door.

"Knock, knock."

The stranger, surprised but quiet honored to find a fine lady at his doorstep, couldn't say a word. After all, she is as lovely as her mother, Luna the Moon.

"Hey there, young stranger! Let me in and I shall cook you a sumptuous dinner that even Zeus himself cannot refuse. From the heavens, he shall go down and forget about Hades who stole his crown."

"But I do not have pans, mixing bowls, and even an oven for you to tinker on."

"Who says I want pans, mixing bowls and an oven to tinker on? Let me in quick and I shall give you a son who will be as quick-footed as Hermes and as comely as Adonis."

"But I want neither Hermes nor Adonis in a son. I want a son who stands for what he believes in, just like that bastard next door- Tyler Durden!"

"You and I shall make a dozen Tyler Durdens then. Now, will you let me in?"

"But you haven't even tell me your name."

"On most days, they call me June. Sometimes, a Daughter of the Moon. You, however, nameless stranger, call me yours and I shall give you a Tyler Durden son. I shall cook you Bicol Express for a sumptuous dinner; we shall drown in coffee, tea and beer, and I shall make you the happiest man when you are at your loneliest during winter. For all the days of your life, I shall be your first, tenth, and twenty-third wife!"

So the nameless stranger let her in and that is how June, the Seventh Daughter of the Moon, left too soon.

1 comments:

{ Kikit } on: June 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM said...

"But I want neither Hermes nor Adonis in a son. I want a son who stands for what he believes in, just like that bastard next door- Tyler Durden!"

Sakto!

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2016. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger