On Twig Picking and Testing Probability Theories

/ Sunday, August 7, 2011 /


Dearest Y,

It may simply look like a game of figures and numbers to the others but all I'm asking this time around is for us not to be just each other's statistic anytime soon. Allow me to linger a little more in the restlessness, lightheartedness, and whatever other 

-nesses that come along with the thought of seeing you again.

I sincerely apologize for answering back that I wasn't happy when you asked if I was. I was and I really am. I lied because I was getting used to not feeling anything at all; I mistook that exact moment of bliss as merely giddiness after a few rounds of walking around and unexpectedly seeing people that I terribly miss. Just so you'll know, aimless walking and bumping into friends I haven't seen in a while tops my let's-be-happy-today list. Looking back, I am now goddamn sure that I was happy that evening and I am grateful to you for that- you who arrived; you who cared to ask.

If you are just another vicious cycle or another lousy repeat performance, I am taking the chance. I may be just another variable you share something in common with; someone who  reads Thoreau, listens to Feist, and knows what each letter in MAFIA means. Quite impressive, you say? 

Whether we end up as each other's statistic or not, I am looking forward to throwing in the dice and see for myself if, indeed, we are more than just each other's probability theory.

Please do not jump to some untested conclusions yet. Here's to hoping that I'll bump into you soon so we can pick up blackened twigs along the trail again, and finally figure out if we both fit into the same equation.

Clumsy as ever,
X

2 comments:

{ slyapodyopsis } on: August 12, 2011 at 11:49 AM said...

I love this entry, Kai. ♥

Must be the same feeling I used to linger on before. When the world is crazy and I'm keeping a an entire book of statistics. :-)

{ Kai } on: August 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM said...

murag NSO, rei. haha salamat for stopping by. :D

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2016. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger