10 Things I Know To Be True Today

/ Thursday, October 27, 2011 /

Today, I overflow with too many stories to tell but I still end up with nothing to write at all. How do you put into details the anatomy of brief hellos and hurried goodbyes? How do you polish the blunt edges and contours of memories gone sepia? I seek  solace in brevity for now until I get past this overwhelming feeling of thinking too much and incessant squirming for the unseen, unsure and unwritten. Here's another list to remedy the duo of -nesses I have been wrestling with today- restlessness and wordlessness. I reckon this is way better than my feeble attempts of romanticizing almost everything that I come across and get my hands into.

1. The world perpetually traverses the same old orbit and does not tire of it.
2. The poet Rilke knew what he was talking about when he wrote, "we know little, but that we must trust in what is difficult is a certainty that will never abandon us; it is good to be solitary, for solitude is difficult; that something is difficult must be one more reason for us to do it."
3. Classrooms need not be closed nor confined spaces. Children learn from open fields, the limitless ocean and vast roads, too. 
4. Kafka was right when he talked about books being the axe that breaks the frozen ice from within.
5. Libraries are not meant to rot and gather dust, they are the future.
6. Multitasking is the root of all things that equate to stress. 
7. Forgiveness comes as fast as drive-thru meals; trust takes time to be served. 
8. The stars are there to remind us that we, too, are simply miniscules of dust. It is okay to burn and fall aimlessly.
9. Sleep is the remedy; staying up late is the enemy!
10. The "One Day" they were talking about yesterday, a month ago and a few years back is Now. 

Photo by: Ronald Grancho

2 comments:

{ Kikit } on: October 27, 2011 at 8:19 AM said...

I love the list, Kai. Especially number 9. :)

{ Demontekken } on: October 27, 2011 at 9:22 AM said...

hu-wow...nice list kai....im almost teary-eyed with realization :) ...made my day

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2012. Most of the photos are lifted from beautyineverything.com unless stated. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger