A Love Letter: For You, A Thousand Times Over!

/ Saturday, November 5, 2011 /
Photo by Jay Warren Ferolino

Hello love, I terribly miss you. It has been a week and I still find myself in phantasm. I still fancy of the strenuous yet extremely gratifying Pula trail on our way up to witness the splendor and grandeur that you always are.

I must admit you are not the first; I have been to Talinis and Apo in my attempts to seek the rainbow's end outside Cebu. I need you to understand though that I have never been as giddy and woozy today a week after I met both. They were great in their own ways but it was you, Kanlaon, who keeps me from catching up with my writing projects; the mere thought of that Sunday morning with you urges me to craft a lousy love letter just to lessen the burden of perpetually pining over your calming greens, rugged terrains and October sunshine flitting over a sea of clouds.

The cogon trail on the way down may have left me a few scratches here and there but I do not mind at all. What's a few scratches when it taught me that going down is easier when one runs and lets go of control? It's a lot like life; it is always going to be a slow, painful process when one does not decide to simply trust on one's knees to run all the way down. All this time, I was always too cautious about tumbling down the hill every time I chase fireflies. There is profound beauty in knowing when to hold on and let go of the dependable bark modified as a pole. And I am eternally grateful for that, Kanlaon.

Aaahh, the sound of your name sends me shivers and I am losing focus! As always, there are still aging cows to be milked and bratty hens to convince that going vegan is not the key to saving Japan. I shall be penniless soon if I don't stop this madness from taking over my sanity. So yeah, I am going back to poking sticks to the aging cows and bratty hens for now but not before I tell you, Kanlaon, that you make me go back to the days when I was seventeen. It was about the time when everything else was all about being slaphappy and getting woozy because the boy I have been secretly crushing on for months sat beside me inside the PUJ. I couldn't care less about the boy for now but I don't really mind going over again the skittishness, dizziness and vacillating feelings of getting smitten when it comes to you, love.

For you, Kanlaon, a thousand times over!

4 comments:

{ danilo ramon } on: November 7, 2011 at 9:10 AM said...

i sense nga naa gyud mubalik sa kanlaon ba :D

{ Christina } on: November 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM said...

Now the title reminds me of a book about kites :D Unta maka adto sad ko ug Kanlaon puhon.

{ Kikit } on: November 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM said...

i think it's the company who inspired you keep up with your writing. naks! :p

{ Kai } on: November 12, 2011 at 8:34 PM said...

maayo unta ug makabalik puhon, unya kuyog ta ninyong tulo! :D

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2016. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger