Just a quick post of our Mt. Madjaas climb..

/ Saturday, September 14, 2013 /
At the Boundary Campsite, Peak 1 is roughly 2 hours away from here (Photo by Don Singson)



Wohoo! The Madjaas climb went without a glitch! I hope I would be able to write a full-blown narrative of the climb soon but I’m not going to promise this time around.


As a bonus, I was able to do what I’ve been wanting to do for a while now -- run my way down a mountain in the dark! It lasted for roughly 15 minutes or so ( I think I could have sustained it longer if we didn't regroup, with T instructing us to go back to our original trail arrangements wherein I was asked to stay with P, our sweeper) but it was one of those moments that you suddenly get that raw feeling of joy, that moment of simply being out there and listening to yourself breathe. I did not even notice that I was already way too far ahead of K who was trailing behind me.


Okay, maybe I’m just being overly dramatic, romanticizing again my love for the mountains. Nevertheless, being able to run in the dark (and sustain it for 15 minutes) during our descent from Mt. Madjaas is truly monumental on my end, coming from a wimp who chickened out at the thought of giving in to gravity and run my way down Mt. Talinis 3 years ago. I owe it to the Boyfriend and J (one of the Boyfriend’s mates in his mountaineering group) who taught me a few techniques in downhill running. Cheers to both of them!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2016. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger