the Universe has a funny way of giving back

/ Tuesday, November 26, 2013 /

Two weeks ago, I assisted in the repacking of relief goods at the Mactan Airbase benefiting families affected by typhoon Haiyan in Tacloban. We volunteered overnight on a Friday evening and we ended up going home around 4 am. I knew that I may have to sleep for 2 to 3 hours that night because I'm still supposed to come in for work the next day but the humanitarian spirit in me prevailed (or the reckless in me, perhaps?  hehe) Unsurprisingly, I woke up with a runny nose and a headache. So I decided not to come in for my Saturday shift, with the expectation that I could file it as a sick leave but without pay.

Fast forward to today, I was informed that I could actually file it as a vacation leave with pay! Hooray! I would like to think that this the Universe's way of giving back. :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I usually say, in the end, okay, it’s love and it’s work — what else could there possibly be? -- Maira Kalman

Followers

Copyright 2010 - 2016. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Neverwhere Is Here, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger